- Bipolar disorder (BD) is a lifelong condition with symptoms which may significantly impair functioning. With appropriate treatment, patients can achieve recovery.
- Concurrent with the use of medications, self-management (SM) interventions attempt to minimize treatment barriers and lessen relapses.
- Implementing SM tasks allow individuals to effectively manage the day-to-day aspects of their chronic illness, improving health outcomes.
- While SM materials are commonly supplied by healthcare providers, the Internet represents a secondary source of readily accessible materials.
- SM materials can be readily found online; however the appropriateness, quality, and consistency has been questioned.
Determine the overall appropriateness of online SM materials for BD based on a composite percentage of understandability, actionability, and quality scores.
Compare specific SM tasks and the individual aspects which determine understandability, actionability, and quality of online SM materials for BD.
Read the Outcomes Study by submitting the form below.