Members of our team had the opportunity to present a new poster abstract at the 2023 NASP Annual Meeting & Expo, which was held from September 18-21.
- Specialty medications are complex therapies with stringent requirements for access, on-treatment safety monitoring, and optimization to achieve therapeutic outcomes.
- The specialty medication market's rapid expansion currently outpaces medication access and care coordination, leading many health systems to establish specialty pharmacies to address this growing care gap.
- With the health system specialty pharmacy (HSSP) model, pharmacists are integrated within health systems where they can access electronic health records (EHRs) and work closely with providers to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care leading to better clinical outcomes and financial benefits to patients, payers, and the health system.
- The Routine Assessment of Patient Index Data 3 (RAPID3) is a validated patient-reported outcome measure survey recommended by the American College of Rheumatology to assess disease activity and quality of life for patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- The hemoglobin A1c test estimates a patient's average blood glucose over the previous three months. For patients with type 2 diabetes, a 1% reduction in A1c equates to a diabetes-related total healthcare cost savings of approximately $736 per year.
To quantify a HSSP's impact on patient engagement and clinical outcomes.
Read about the team's findings by downloading the Outcomes Study below.
Download the abstract: