Date: Thursday, September 9th, 2021
In this webinar, CPS TELEpharmacy will discuss the potential risks that hospitals may be exposing their patients to without an effective transitions of care program in place.
Topic: Instituting an Impactful Transitions of Care Program
Hospital pharmacies are in danger of putting their patients at risk. Consider these alarming statistics:
- 30-50% of patients do not fill their prescriptions
- 19% of Medicare discharges are followed by an adverse drug event (ADE) within 30 days
- 30% possible reduction in all-cause readmissions in high-risk populations following TOC implementation
We invite you to attend our discussion on "Instituting an Impactful Transitions of Care Program" to explore how the service may benefit your hospital.
Hospitals are often at risk for compromising patient safety without an effective transitions of care program in place. The CPS TELEpharmacy team will explore examples of how the service:
- Improves patient outcomes through increased patient engagement and understanding of their drug therapies
- Decreases adverse drug events by improving medication reconciliation processes with supplemental drug claims data and clinical pharmacist review
- Reduces burnout among nursing staff and physicians
- Drives higher satisfaction for patients, caretakers, hospitals, and staff
Aalap Modi, Director, Clinical Care Services
Savannah Meier, Vice President